In my book I ask this question… “So what if you had $5 million, $25 million, $1 billion net worth, or were able to attract it to you? Would you be able to handle that much money and live as Spirit would have you? Or, would your ego kick in, making you greedy, insensitive, and unaware of how buying things mainly for your own satisfaction may be to the ultimate detriment of those around you — and even your long term happiness?” (Beyond the Secret: Spiritual Power and the Law of Attraction, pp. 153 – 154)
As I mention in my book this is a question I have struggled with for nearly two decades now. And, quite honestly, the more I ponder it the more I want everyone who strives to use the Law of Attraction to get wealthy just to indulge their egos to do the rest of us a favor – DON’T BOTHER! Save us the trouble. I outline how the ego uses money in my Spirit and You chapter, and the rest of us can’t afford any more to have egotistical people get wealthy. Here’s why!
The planet is dying! At this point in humanity’s evolution we can only afford to have people who are spiritual be the custodians of our remaining resources and wealth.
How will spiritual people use wealth?
- They will be visionaries creating, attracting, and building a future that moves humanity forward into a better way of life.
- They will adhere to spiritual values (regardless of religious tradition) and be oriented towards service.
- Even if they aquire a massive amount of money, they will live comparatively simply and will view the wealth they have as being primarily a resource to help them move humanity forward towards a better future.
- They will advocate LESS consumption of our planetary resources, not more!
- They will advocate MORE time for quality of life so we have time to relate to our loved ones and live more healthy, relaxed, and fit lifestyles.
- They will come from LOVE and not fear. Because of this they will encourage the rest of us to take time to build community and take better care of the belongings we already have.
- They will build BRIDGES for greater understanding between people of various nationalities, religions, races, age groups, belief systems, and sexes.
- They will CARE FOR the poor, elderly, children, animals, homeless and helpless on this Earth.
- And, they will advocate the use of the Law of Attraction as a means to LIVE SIMPLY, so people can simply live!
Now, if you are a Republican (in the United States political system) that’s fine! Amass wealth and through charitable endeavors and foundations do like Andrew Carnegie suggested in his book The Gospel of Wealth (and Bill Gates is modeling for other wealthy people) GIVE MOST OF IT AWAY for the benefit of others!
And, if you are a Democrat (again in the United States political system) then use government constructively and be fisically responsible and conservative as you maintain our cities, keep them free of crime, give health care to all, make sure our children are educated well (in public and private institutions), and that our elderly and poor are taken care of when in need.
Or, better yet, do both! I mean as I see it we live more in a Plutacracy than a Democracy right now anyway. (A Plutacracy is government for the wealthy by the wealthy). Though, quite frankly if the wealthiest amongst us were truly being spirtual with the money they attract and using it in the ways I list above, well then a Plutacracy wouldn’t even be that bad to live under!
Face it! It’s time to use the Law of Repulse to get rid of the glorified notion that the apex of one’s life is becoming powerful and proving it to others by amassing a great deal of wealth and showing it off. Supposedly 1% of the world’s population now owns and controls 99% of the world’s wealth. Sadly, for the most part they are fairly self-indulgent with what they have. If this is true, it cannot be sustained. Let’s stop acting like money is the end game and greed is good. It isn’t. Let’s stop telling the genie in the bottle that we want to use the Law of Attraction to create this kind of world.
Instead, let’s create one where BEING is more important than doing. Where RELATING is more important than endless work. Where LOVE overcomes fear (and weapons will be something none of us want and need). Where children, women, the poor and oppressed are respected and taught how to lift themselves up in the right way. Yes, use the Republican ideal of teaching people how to fish so they can lift themselves up. (And, by the way that is a far cry from pushing people under the water and causing them to drown so they don’t have a chance of surviving and don’t threaten you as they try to get ahead). We can also use the Deomcratic ideal (and in my religious upbringing also the Christian ideal) of giving people some fish until we can hand them fishing poles and teach them how to become “fishermen” (and women) themselves! (And, that is a far cry from leaving people vulnerable, ignorant, dependent and helpless because they get conditioned to always looking for a handout because they don’t know any other way to live).
Most of all.. LET’S WISH TO HELP A MILLION PEOPLE to become better, more loving, kind, creative, and prosperous… more than we wish for a million dollars to just indulge our egos.
That’s the kind of use of the Law of Attraction I want to see in the world. How about you?