Excerpt from BEYOND THE SECRET: Spiritual Power and the Law of Attraction
Throughout this book I have attempted to reveal to you a “secret” that is much more profound and meaningful to your life than the one illustrated in The Secret. It is my hope this book sets you on a more solid path so you can use the law of attraction safely and well. Along these lines let me clarify succinctly the contrasts that exist between The Secret and Beyond the Secret so you when using the law of attraction you will no longer be misled or confused. Some assertions of The Secret that differ from Beyond the Secret .
1. The Great Secret of Life is the law of attraction — The Secret. The Great Secret of life is the secret of Spirit! – Beyond the Secret
2. You are the most powerful magnet in the universe – The Secret Who are “you?” Who is the “you” that is doing the thinking? Your spiritual self? Your ego? How can you discern between the two? – Beyond the Secret
3. Ask the Universe for what you want — The Secret Ask the Universe to reveal to you what it wants you to attract and manifest for the sake of service — Beyond the Secret
4. It takes no time for the Universe to manifest what you want — The Secret The Universe may never manifest what you want especially if it is seeking to abort your egotistical impulses — Beyond the Secret
5. Like attracts like. Thoughts are magnetic and have a frequency – The Secret. Yes, so strive to be and live in higher, or soul, consciousness first, or you will only attract the thoughts and magnetic frequency of the ego – Beyond the Secret
6. Thoughts become things. – The Secret. Consciousness becomes Being. Learn to be more conscious so that your thoughts are not motivated by unconscious, subconscious, ignorant, or egotistical impulses – Beyond the Secret
7. Nothing can come into your experience unless you summon it through your persistent thoughts — The Secret. Though you are essentially Spirit, the sum total of Spirit manifests in everyone and everything. The mind of Spirit is greater than yours and It can attract events to you that you may not have thought about or wanted in the slightest for the sake of your spiritual growth — Beyond the Secret
8. You create reality — The Secret Yes, “you” as Spirit create reality. But “you” as a human being with a limited consciousness and brain primarily interpret reality and can do so by creating either soul stories or ego stories. Whatever story you choose creates the direction of your dominant thought patterns and sets up the probability that you will live in either a spiritual or egotistical way on this earth — Beyond the Secret
9. A shortcut to manifesting your desires is see what you want as absolute fact — The Secret The ego is always afraid it will not get what it wants, which is why it is prone to absolutes. As you learn to at-one with Spirit your ego is less absolute, more humble, and more willing to let things unfold instead of always attempting to direct the show — Beyond the Secret
10. It is impossible to feel bad and have good thoughts — The Secret It is possible to feel bad in the form of healthy guilt and shame and have bad thoughts that ultimately motivate you to want to change and become a better, more loving, and spiritual person — Beyond the Secret
11. Good feelings attract good things, bad feelings attract bad things — The Secret There are no good and bad feelings. Both can serve in either a positive or negative way. Bad feelings may have a constructive purpose if they are waking your ego up to the fact that it needs to develop soul values. Good feelings can have a destructive purpose if they lead you to feel good simply about indulging your ego. So, move beyond if a feeling is good or bad and try to discover how to use all feelings in a more conscious and spiritual way — Beyond the Secret
12. “Don’t want” means you really want it — The Secret. “Don’t want” can mean you don’t want it. Both “don’t want” (the law of repulse) and “do want” (the law of attraction) are valuable in this world — Beyond the Secret
13. Only do what “feels good” — The Secret Attempt to do what “feels right.” Feel good by doing good — Beyond the Secret
14. Ask, believe, and receive – The Secret. Surrender, align, and contribute. – Beyond the Secret
15. What you resist you attract — The Secret Yes, and the ego always resists anything that isn’t for only its own good. Counter your ego’s resistance by learning to surrender to what Spirit wants for you — Beyond the Secret
16. To attract money, focus on wealth — The Secret To attract money in a spiritual way, focus on service. Spirit will deliver what you need — Beyond the Secret
17. You cannot catch any illness unless you think you can — The Secret Even the most spiritual people amongst us may suffer from disease. The causes for disease are numerous and are not always a result of your thoughts — Beyond the Secret
18. Love is the greatest emotion — The Secret. Love is not an emotion, it is a choice. Though it may be reflected into the emotions it exists beyond emotion in the realm of the soul — Beyond the Secret
19. You cannot help the world by focusing on negative things… and you only add to negativity by doing so — The Secret Be willing to totally embrace and see head on all of the problems of the world. You are the world. Then use the law of service and the law of sacrifice to make the difference in the world you are meant to — Beyond the Secret
20. We will never run out of good things because there’s more than enough to go around for everyone — The Secret. There is enough for our needs, but not our greeds. Global warming is such a problem right now precisely because as a species we are over-consuming and pretending the good things we want to indulge our egos with will never run out. Remember, the ego is afraid of not getting what it wants. It shies away from service and sacrifice. When we are truly identified with Spirit we want less, not more, because we want everyone to have enough, not just ourselves — Beyond the Secret
And finally, I would like to summarize some lessons that I would like you to take away from this book regarding the law of attraction itself.
Remember the law of attraction is neutral. It can be used at the level of Spirit, or the ego.
Each of us has the responsibility to learn the secret of Spirit so we are no longer tempted to feed just our egos. Remember…
The only difference in how you use the law of attraction is whether the motive behind using it is for egotistical or spiritual ends.
It isn’t always easy to understand our true motives. The ego has a lot of tricks for deluding us. Our ignorance, innocence, unconscious, and subconscious motives can block us from a clear perception of why we want what we do. Of course one of the safest bets is to want what is good for others, in addition to ourselves.
Proof that you are using the law of attraction well comes from the overall joy you feel from being filled with love, and living a good life no matter what your outer circumstances.
Living in this way is how I know in my own life that I am residing at the center of double dorje (spiritual enlightenment) cross. As I often tell myself, Regardless of my outer circumstances, if my heart is happy my world is good.
Again, Spirit is in everything that is and wants us ultimately to learn how to be conscious of, and loving towards, everything and everyone around us. Though I wish for everyone, as well as myself, an abundance of money, security, good-health, friends, and happiness, I know that I wish far more for an abundance of wisdom, love, compassion, and the capacity to do good no matter what life brings anyone. That is the joy of being at-one with spirit and living as a soul and why I leave you with this final thought:
The real secret to the law of attraction is using it in accordance with Spirit. Seek to attract the wisdom regarding how to do this.
I certainly hope this book has helped you along these lines. May you be filled with love, light, and spiritual power in your search!